Fall is just around the corner, and that means it’s time to start thinking about the cooler temperatures and accompanying falling leaves. While those leaves might be pretty outside, fall is bad news for your carpets. Not only do those leaves track inside and crunch down in your carpet, but fall also means less sunlight and more moisture, or to be more exact, foot traffic moisture that isn’t absorbed by the summer heat. Combine wet foot traffic, less heat and sunlight, and you get the perfect conditions for mold and mildew.
Now that you’re thinking about the dirty, musty, crunchy leaf filled carpets of fall, it’s time to start thinking about how to fix that, and carpet cleaning should be at the top of your list. Here are the top reasons why fall is the perfect time to clean your carpets:
- Carpets Dry Faster in Cooler Weather – Due to the humidity levels in the air during the summer, carpets can take days to dry after being cleaned with certain methods. In the fall, however, when there is less moisture in the air, carpets dry must faster. Fortunately, at Fresh Foam, we use the encapsulation method of cleaning. This means that the cleaning solution binds to the soil, encapsulates it, and dries into a hardened crystal that will be removed with regular vacuuming. This also means no downtime waiting for your carpets to dry.
- Reduce Indoor Allergens – It’s a known fact that carpets trap dust, pollen, and other allergens that cause issues with asthma and allergies. Having your carpets cleaned in the fall removes these allergens to create a cleaner, healthier environment for your customer and employees. Fall is the perfect time to remove allergens so the air inside is clean right before everything gets closed tight for the winter.
- Improve Indoor Air Quality – This goes along a bit with number two, but fall is the time of year when we start spending more time inside, which means its crucial to have the air quality inside as good as it can be. Carpets trap airborne particles and pollutants that can impact indoor air quality. Even if your carpet doesn’t look dirty, it can contain contaminants that can cause health issues.
- Welcome Guests with a Clean Property – Fall and winter come with a lot of holidays, not just cooler temperatures. Make your facilities look their absolute best in time for the festivities. Whether you are trying to make a good first impression or a long-lasting impression, make sure clean carpets and sparkling floors are what they remember and not dirty, worn-down flooring.
- Remove Stains Before They Set – Summer is full of outdoor parties and picnics, both of which can lead to stains and spills on the carpet. If these stains are left to sit over the winter, they can become set in and hard to remove. However, by cleaning carpets in the fall, you can remove them before they have a chance to set. This will not only help your carpets look better, but it will extend their lifespan as well.
As you can see, fall is the perfect time to have your carpets professionally cleaned. If you are looking for a professional carpet cleaning service to get your business ready for the cooler temperatures, look no further than Fresh Foam. We understand that one generic cleaning process isn’t the answer to keeping carpets stain-free and spotless. Using the same standard method for every carpet type will not only result in improper cleaning, it may even damage the carpet – and void its warranty. That’s why we do things differently. Let our trained and IICRC-certified technicians evaluate your carpet and identify the right process for a thorough cleaning. Contact us today to learn more.